Meet Your Dental Hygienist
Gerardo Reynaga Gonzalez, RDHAP, BSDH
Gerardo Reynaga Gonzalez is a bilingual (English and Spanish) Registered Dental Hygienist in Alternative Practice (RDHAP), CEO, and founder at Amazing Smile, Inc. Gerardo began his dental career as a dental assistant. He has been a practicing Registered Dental Hygienist for over ten years. After nearly two decades of working in the dental field, he recognized the need to provide dental services to patients who lack mobility. Gerardo is also certified by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
He then enrolled in a Registered Dental Hygiene in Alternative Practice at the University of the Pacific in San Francisco, California, to help homebound patients. Upon completing the program, he has a better understanding that a mobile Hygienist reduces the anxiety and the disruption of the patients’ daily routines by bringing dental services to their familiar settings.
Gerardo Reynaga Gonzalez, has an extensive and diversified background in the dental field, demonstrating a firm dedication to his education. He embarked on his educational journey at the College of Alameda, where he received robust dental assistant training that laid the groundwork for his career.
He further sharpened his skills and knowledge at Carrington College, undergoing meticulous dental hygiene training that enabled him to master the practical aspects of the field. At the Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT), he earned his Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene (BSDH) degree, complementing it with a minor in Healthcare Business Administration.
This blend of studies positioned him perfectly for a holistic understanding of dental practice from both a clinical and administrative perspective. Further expanding his professional credentials, Gerardo successfully completed the Registered Dental Hygienist in Alternative Practice (RDHAP) Program at the University of the Pacific.
This rigorous course allowed him to specialize in providing dental care to underserved populations. Lastly, to underscore his commitment to providing patient-centered care, he achieved certification by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners, reinforcing his capability to offer empathetic, effective care for individuals with dementia.
- College of Alameda: Dental assistant training
- Carrington College: Dental hygiene training
- Oregon Institute of Technology – OIT – BSDH with a minor in Healthcare Business administration.
- University of the Pacific – Registered Dental Hygienist in Alternative Practice (RDHAP) Program
- Certified by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
- Oregon Mission of Mercy- Dental opportunity.
- Beacon Light SDA Church – Richmond Free Dental, Vision, and Medical Clinic
- Biological Reserve Cerro Hermoso is an international non-profit organization based in Oakland and Mexico that helps with wildlife preservation.
- Silicon Valley Healthy Smiles: Amazing Smile participated in the voluntary treatment of 841 patients, 6,345 dental procedures and providing $1.4 million of free dental hygiene care.